Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Customer Feature; Terryfic Arts; Using Silver in Unexpected Ways

Terry Wilson of Ojai, California makes jewelry for an untapped niche market; musicians, especially oboe and bassoon players! An Oboist herself, and realizing that there was no fine jewelry made with these musicians in mind, she decided to fill this need with her own line of specialized Sterling and Fine Silver jewelry carved from wax and cast from her own mold. Most of these are reeds strung on satin cord, some wrapped in colored thread, or earrings on sterling silver earhooks.



In addition to this line of jewelry, Terry has an assortment of other pieces in her Etsy shop, Terryfic Arts including this Bass Clef;



Terry recently bought some beads from my supply shop and sent me some pictures of her finished piece and the Peppercorn tree that was her inspiration. The likeness is quite close and I just had to share this with my readers!

 


If you have a shop on Etsy and you purchase supplies or jewelry from me, send me a picture of your finished product (or you wearing my finished jewelry if you bought that from me), and you just might get a feature here in my blog!





No comments: