Monday, June 26, 2006

Happy 4th!

The fourth of July has inspired me to make another elaborate beadwoven necklace. This one has 8 strands of genuine Spinel chips and lots of beautiful bright red coral beads on the centerpiece fringe. It took me many hours of work to complete. The piece reminds me of fireworks. The silver and white necklace I sold on Etsy with a similar look was called Happy New Year; with cascading fringe bursting out of the main core.

This one, called Raspberry Explosion Independance Day Necklace reminds one of jolly rancher candy or raspberry ice; gleaming and luminous, with the look of royalty. Spinel is in the same family as Ruby, and they are not always easy to distinguish even by lapidary experts, but generally Spinel has more pink tones to it and is punchier. It is one of my favorite stones.

Let me know what you think about this piece, and please take a look at my etsy store. For more information about the necklace or to purchase, the listing is at http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=277912
and here is the picture below;


1 comment:

Elaine said...

Fab - its really cool!
Well done on being featured by the way :)
Elaine x